Thursday, May 22, 2008

Catching up

Greetings
So I did it, I will graduate, this fall. Yahoo!
I haven't written in awhile, but my passion is still there. The last post had some interesting perspectives happening. I actually submitted this article to a local paper. It seems they can not create a negative angle, or they want to make me out to be the hash person. But it is kinda hard to be nice to any racist attitude out there. Racism is serious and no amount of kind words will ever deter such a henious way and therefore make that meaningful change. Politics is just as important when it comes to native people, it is the umbilical cord, so to speak, and so therefore it is very important as to what we are attached to.
Talk about polarities, racism is a harsh reality and politics is a positive initiative. So sometimes native reality is about the good, the bad and the ugly.
I am so beside myself, after listening to that radio program about how the chiefs wanted to reinstate Ahenekew, the point to me was how the public wanted to come in so quickly to dominate native people once again. The worst part was where the chiefs were called stupid, by the host. I would have thought there was a defamation suit on its way. All that did happen was the Chiefs were put on the defensive. Moreover, there was a young guy, just recently, that meet with an unfortunate circumstance, his children died in his care, and he is now being charged. (see: http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/index.html ) Half the community believe he shouldn't be charged, they think he will bare the consequences the rest of his life. But you see, folks often care deeply for their own people: That's a no-brainer.
If anything, outside judgments are often devoid of compassion. Native people in this particular case will often go gainst public opinion, which is nothing more than outside domination with no compassion. Native people must see that they will more than often, never be held highly for their opinion, it is convention, it is how things work.

Anyways thats my criticism for today, and I guess that is all for now.

No comments: