Saturday, March 08, 2008

throwing stones again

It is good to see Christians doing their thing. Personally, my interests vary, and I guess to me #1 is sometimes my people and their plight. But I must say at least many of my beloved are doing good for themselves, which is a good thing, considering where they have been placed in our Canadian society. Yet their life has not been unnoticed, and justice is being meted out today. I know in terms of Christian ethics, Shane does not epitomize an upright way, but to me it is about giving a plug to a fellow Native, and for that matter I sure hope I can reach more of my people with my writing. The reason being that we might be on the same page, and that our life will not be so diminished in importance. The strongest witness is to walk in righteousness, to live a life of praise, and to submit ourselves under God’s mighty hand. I strongly think that Christians do have a place in this world, at least temporarily. Again back to my Shane video, maybe it is about praying for those whom we think needs our prayers. Of course that is pretty redundant because we all need prayers. Sorry if it is offensive to you, but I have my reasons. It’s strange but I was just reading some posts on a Christian awards video, and some people made disparaging remarks about one Christian lady singer, yet others gave her the benefit of the doubt regarding her life. So to me opinions are good but it is still your opinion. I for one will not turn my face from anyone just because they may not have a life that does not match up to my standards. For one thing my people are and have often been seen as the most dispossessed in society. To me I will never turn from the sinner. I guess this is my Christian view, at least for now, I just thought I would share that.
Take care

No comments: